Learn how to add or remove products from the Clearance Center page on your Spinstak eCommerce website.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step video on How to Set Up the Clearance Center.
TIP: Before you get started, identify the product(s) you want to add to the clearance center, open their product pages, right-click and save the product image.
How to Add a Product to the Clearance Center
1. First login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left side menu, click Marketing. This will open a dropdown menu.
3. From the dropdown menu, click Clearance Center. This will take you to the Clearance Center page where all of your products marked for clearance will appear.
4. In the top right corner, click on the Add Clearance Item button.
5. Under the Category dropdown menu:
a. Select the existing clearance category where you'd like the product to reside.
b. Select Enter new category and enter the name of the category in the New field.
NOTE: The category you select or the new category you enter does not affect the categories listed in your catalog.
6. Enter the name of the product in the Product Name field.
7. Click on the Manufacturer dropdown menu and select the manufacturer of the product.
8. Under the Image field, click on the Choose File button, select and upload the product image.
TIP: We recommend an image size of 300 pixels x 300 pixels.
9. Enter the list price of the product into the Price field.
10. Enter the sale price of the product into the Sale Price field.
11. Click the On Web checkbox.
12. In the Short Description field, enter the description you'd like to display on the product listing page.
13. In the Description field, enter the description you'd like to display on the product details page.
14. Click the Save Clearance Item button.
How to Add the Clearance Center as a Category in Your Store
After you've added a product or products to your Clearance Center, you'll want to make sure your customers can easily locate these discounted items. Here's how:
1. Navigate to your store.
2. After the .com in your store's domain, add /store/dynamic_pages/clearance_category_list.cfm
3. Copy the entire URL.
4. Login to your Admin Panel.
5. On the left side menu, click on Catalog Management. This will open a dropdown menu.
6. From the dropdown menu, click on Organize a Catalog.
7. From the Catalog dropdown menu, select the catalog where you'd like to link the Clearance Center.
TIP: We recommend linking your Clearance Center to your default catalog.
8. At the top of the page, enter the name of the category in the Category Name field. For example, Clearance.
9. Under the Parent dropdown menu, select Top Level.
10. In the External URL field, paste the URL you copied that contains your store's domain and /store/dynamic_pages/clearance_category_list.cfm
11. If you'd like the category to display in a preferred order, enter a number in the Display Order field. If you don't fill in this field, the Display Order will default as 0.
12. Click the ADD button.
Your Clearance Center will now appear as a top-level category within that catalog.