Learn how to add your own custom product descriptions to products on your Spinstak eCommerce website.
The product descriptions in our database match the manufacturer's recommended product description. Our descriptions also contain all of the important information about a product. But there may be times when you'd like to add or edit a product's description. For example, you may want the product description to be specific to one particular SKU within a product block. Follow the simple steps below to learn how.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step video on How to Customize Product Descriptions.
1. First login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left-side menu, click Catalog Management.
3. From the dropdown menu, click Organize A Catalog.
4. From the Catalog dropdown menu, select the catalog where the product resides.
5. Locate the category or subcategory where the product resides and click the Products button under the View column.
TIP: To view all of the categories and subcategories within a catalog, click the Expand All link.
6. Locate the product with a description you'd like to edit, and click on the Customize button under the Legend/Desc column.
7. This will take you to the Custom Product Information page for that particular product. The Original Manufacturer Description can be seen on the right.
8. Locate the Description field on the left side of the page and enter your custom product description.
9. Click the SAVE button.
NOTE: The Description field does allow for HMTL coding. Leaving this field blank will result in the Original Manufacturer Description displaying on the product page. See an example below.